Monday, August 18, 2008

O God...forgive me when i whine..

Today here I stand,
With clasped hands,
In front of the Mighty,
With down cast eyes, with piety.
Recalling my sins
And negligence of my duties
For engrossed I became
In these worldly beauties.
But after these days, so tiring,
I seek sanctuary in His kingdom.
Forget, I did, His message, His word.
Going knee deep in this freedom.
Today I am with bowed head,
My heart was replaced by lead.
I incurred His displeasure.
Being proud and holding high my head.
But again in front of Him I am,
To break through the refuge so sham
With every tear and every sob
I long for His blessing
For the forgiveness I hope.
He is Generous, He is Merciful,
He is Beneficial, He is Merciful.
He is the first, He is the Last.
“To Thee we pray,
And from Thee we seek help”
I am a mere human, a sinner
I look up at Him, the Forgiver.
Surely the fall my pride hath,
So please God:
“Guide us to the right path”
Never, I intend, to be astray
Holding His hand, showered in His blessings spray
Bowing down, to Him I thank
For this life and the happiness I bank,
Forgive me Allah…for my blindness
Am a swali in the court of Thy Highness
Forgive me…for only you know my tears,
And all my fears,
Blind I was…to seek help elsewhere
Now I feel light, as I stand here
Feeling a bond with You,
To be a better person, now I care.

7 comments:

Mohit said...

What can i say for it!!! Its more like a beautiful soothing prayer which anyone want to speak/read/say anytime in the name of Him!!!
Nice Sundus....its really a nice and different kind of poem!! :)

Sundus said...

Thanku Mohit... :)
I jus felt like writting this..

TayyebaShoaib said...

heyyy, it's tyba. read the poem and the really like it. deep mate!

Afshan Shaik said...

AAMEN!***

Rohit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rohit said...

pretty pretty nice once.
keep it up.

Zahra said...

It seems like a prayer!
Beautiful!