Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Best Friend

- Letter to a Best Friend (Day 1)

Dear Hira,

It seems funny to write you a digital letter when we actually have exchanged the old snail mail letters. Well only for one time but hell, it was fun. I am actually glad you shared my nerdiness for liking the old fashion way of corresponding and plunged in to write me a long letter during summer vacations :) Pstt, did I tell you that the letter was actually ransacked by my grandma before it actually reached me. Boy, did I flare up on that, Privacy people!

Our friendship is pretty amazing, isn't it? For starters.. when we were not friends, we weren't even strangers.. we were ENEMIES. Lol. And then, I don't know what actually happened and how we crossed the barriers of hate we had set. You unfurled worlds to me, Hira. Letting me borrow the first book ever to read, Harry Potter and making me embark the journey of reading books. Although you ALWAYS curse me for misplacing your books, bending the corners, splashing something on them (Off-note: Peeps, please don't stop lending me books after reading this. I'm not that bad, Hira exaggerates :D ), well, despite all these and threats to not lend me your books again.. you always lend me your books, Always! :)

I would always cherish those 12 years of school we spent together, all those craziness, those silly laughters and of course tears too! Although you were always a decent and a sober one but still that never stopped me from ranting about boys infront of you and seeking opinions. And boy did I get angry at your composure, calmness and all.. For a hot-head, impulsive and impromptu person like me, your composure was always disturbing but not anymore. You're a brave one, really and I have learnt to appreciate it and be proud about that. Oh but... graduating with a 3.9 cgpa, man that does not settle with me... STILL! And, I still hate it the way you freak out when exams are near and you cacoon up. Loosen up a bit.

I know I made you cry once and I take this chance today to actually tell you how awful I feel about it. Silly quarrels, honestly. I'm glad growing up did good to us, more like to me, induced some sense =D
Now that we are about to be away for a year, I want you to know how much you mean to me. Always meant to me. You have always been my bottomless pit to throw in my secrets and never judged me. Always have some proper, uncynical advice or opinion for me and never for once letting me feel out of place.

Sixteen years and counting, Woah! That is a lot, right? :)
But I really want to make it jubblees...like platinum, silver, golden or whatever. Be there.
I love you.

Sundus.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Sue,
The fact that i am smiling like a geek since i have read this love letter of yours (it has been 10 minutes and darn my cheek muscles are cramped) is enough proof that this tradition might become obsolete but it is never going to lose its charm.
It is a pity that we didn't write to each other often but here and now, when i am brimmed with adrenaline, let me vow to write you, at the least, one letter when you're seas apart!
I am a believer of the fact that when you hate someone, you still care about them or else, you wouldn't bother worrying about them at all. Most probably, that is the only reason that we were arch enemies in the start. (Well, that and the fact that you wanted to befriend my best friend :p)
It is a true blessing indeed that we share the same interests. Almost, if i consider your mad obsession towards cats. *argh*
Be it a book or an excerpt , a movie or an actor, a dish or a cook- if it inspires me, you are the first person i unconsciously want to stare the excitement with. I am sure that i over do that sometimes (or always=#) but all because i want to share all the fun with ya:)
You're impulsive, i am not. You are a risk taker, i would rather play by the rules. You're hot, i am cool(or cold). And yet i like you with all your perfect imperfections. I would be more irrational, if i could only take it. Trust me:) You know me well enough to realize that i just have to strive to score the best. Live with that love. Live with that:)
School was epic. Haha. Your moods changed like weather back then. But i believe that everyone put up with those mild tantrums and pampered you in their own ways:)
And shit, i don't think i have ever cried for anyone or anything as bad as i did then. But it was good. Made me realize that there was no way, i was ready to let go of you. Not then. Not ever.
Hey, it is impossible for me to think beyond your departure because the fact of the matter is, if you fly away this time, you are never NEVER going to be 15mins drive away from me. And that thought is harrowing.
Sigh.
I cant spell it out. I cant press on it more. I cant make sense of my thoughts enough to shape them into a sentence.
I am going to miss you and i am going to never let you go.
Dostet Darum.
Love, Ira:)

Afshan Shaik said...

It is better than a love letter and what a lovely reply U got as well :) I share a bond with u here as HP is one of the first books I read too ! Urs and Hira's looks like a special bond. NEVER EVER lose her. May ur friend ship get multiplied as the days and hours pass by !

HEART FELT LETTER. Do continue the challenge.

Much love,
Afshan